2022 John Roberts Summer 5k Series – Race 1 – Volunteers Needed
20 April 2022 - By Elizabeth Prior
The stage is set, the BBC is optimistic of a comfortable 10 degrees and the pub is booked. Race 1 will be going ahead on the 5th May 2022, whistle blown at 19:30 sharp.
Registration and food orders between 18:45 and 19:15, with a 10 minute walk to the start line. We’ll send out final details in the run up to the event.
As mentioned in yesterday’s post we need volunteers for course setup, at the race HQ, and to marshal the course in order to make the race happen. As always, Club Championship points are awarded to the volunteers!
You can run, and still get your extra champs points by volunteering to help with registration and course setup.
In terms of timings for volunteers:
- Course Marshal Legends will need to be out on the course before 19:30
- Registration Champions will be at the Angel by 18:40
- Course Setup Heroes will be needed from 17:45 as it takes about 90 minutes. Our resident Angel Course Expert, DJ will be on hand to coordinate the course setup so no prior experience needed
If you’d like to volunteer, please fill in the form below before next Thursday (28th).
Original post – 2022 John Roberts Summer 5k Series
Your support is greatly appreciated!
Your team captains, Ben & Liz
- Dean Whittaker
- Daniel Griffiths
- Paul English
- Rachel and Laurie
- Steven Alder (course set up)
- Liz Stuckey – Registration onwards
- Beth Shippey course set up onwards
- Owen Dare
- Ian Lucas -course set up
- Martin Embrey (Marshall & course set up)
- David Carey Course set up
- Maggie Mason (marshal)
- Céline Elson
- Monty 1 & 2