May Day 10 Mile
2021 Race Update
2020 Race Information
Runner instructions will be added here ahead of the race.
- 10:00, Sunday 3rd May 2020
- Witham Rugby Club, Spa Road, Witham, CM8 1UN
- Online entries will close on 26th April 2020, or earlier if the entry limit is reached.
- Entries available on day if maximum limit is not reached
- Entry limit – 500 places
- £15 affiliated, £17 unaffiliated, though if you opt out of the t-shirt we will give you a £2 discount. £20 on the day entry (if places are still available). An entry system service fee is also payable.
- You must have entered online with a valid license number by the 26th April 2020 to enter the Essex Championship. Unaffiliated runners are not eligible to enter the Essex Championship.
‘On the day’ race information will be added to this site and race information will also be added to our Facebook page.
- Fast, undulating, rural, all road course.
- Race held under UK Athletic Rules. UKA Licence No: pending
- SEAA Measured Course Certificate 17/389
Start of the race is approx 600 metres from the Rugby club. Please refer to the course map and follow directions from Marshals.
We have full ‘Chip to Chip’ Timing. All Race Numbers with Chips attached are to be collected on the day. Please allow plenty of time on the day to collect your number from race HQ. No refunds, please contact us for transfers. No transfers will be possible after Sunday 26th April 2020.
- Commemorative t-shirt to all finishers who haven’t opted out at entry stage.
- Presentation ceremony shortly after the race.
- Trophies (one per winner) will be awarded as follows:
- First three males. First three females
- First MV40, MV50, MV60, MV70
- First FV40, FV50, FV60, FV70
- First Male team and First Female team (four runners to count)
Whilst we will endeavour to provide a T-shirt of the correct size we will be unable to guarantee this for entries received after 13/04/2020.
The Essex Championship medals will be awarded separately.
Parking will be available at Witham Rugby Club (ground conditions permitting) or close by.
The wearing of headphones, or similar devices (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted. Anyone using these devices may be disqualified and we reserve the right to not provide a t-shirt to anyone disqualified for this reason.
We are unfortunately unable to cater for wheelchair contestants.
Minimum age of 17.
No accompanying dogs or cyclists.
Time limit: 2 hours
Changing and refreshments are all available at the rugby club.
If you have any queries please use the contact page, and select ‘May Day 10’ as the nature of your enquiry.