Boxing Day 5
Results from the 2019 Boxing Day 5 are available via this link. Due to technical difficulties, finish times are Gun to Chip. Well done to everyone that took part in our 35th BD5 race.
- 11am, 26th December 2019
- Witham Rugby Club, Spa Road, Witham, CM8 1UN
£20 on the day (cash only)
This year we have the included an opt-out option for a T-shirt which will reduce price by £2 and help reduce the impact on our environment.
- Five mile race
- Fast, undulating, mainly rural, all road course.
- Race held under UK Athletic Rules. UKA Licence No: 2019-39136
- SEAA Measured Course Certificate 15/482
- All Race Numbers with chips, are to be collected on the day
- Race will be chip timed
Start of the race is a short walk from the Rugby club. Please refer to the course map and follow directions from Marshals.
Please allow plenty of time on the day to collect your number from race HQ. No refunds, please contact us for transfers. No transfers will be possible after Sunday 15th December.
Beat The Pud!
For the last 3 years we’ve added some extra fun and you all seemed to enjoy it! So once again, there will be a running Christmas Pud for you to chase to help you run off those festive indulgences! Will you have what it takes to Beat the Pud?!
- Online Entries are closed.
- Follow Boxing Day 5 on Facebook – click here
- Follow Boxing Day 5 on Twitter – click here
- 2018 Results – click here
- 2017 Results – click here
- 2016 Results – click here
- 2015 Results – click here
- 2014 Results – click here
- Commemorative T-shirt to all finishers. Opt-out option available
- Presentation ceremony shortly after the race.
- Trophies (one per winner) will be awarded as follows:
- First three males. First three females (Open age group)
- First Under 18, MV40, MV50, MV60, MV70
- First Under 18, FV35, FV45, FV55, FV65
- First Male team and First Female team (four runners to count) – only one trophy for the team
All Parking will be available at Witham Rugby Club.
Parking at the Rugby club will be closed until 10 minutes after the time limit of 60 minutes has been reached.
The use of ipods, mp3 players etc by competitors contravenes UKA rules. Anyone using these devices during the race will be disqualified. We also reserve the right to not provide a T-shirt to anyone disqualified for this reason.
We are unfortunately unable to cater for wheelchair contestants.
Minimum age of 16.
No accompanying dogs or cyclists.
Time limit: 60 minutes.
Changing and refreshments are all available at the rugby club.
If you have any queries please use the contact page, and select ‘Boxing Day 5’ as the nature of your enquiry.