Speed Development Session Thursday 24 June
21 June 2021 - By Jodee Mayer
*UPDATE – 24 June*
WE HAVE REMOVED THE 24 PERSON LIMIT FOR TONIGHT’S SESSION; IF YOU WISH TO DO SO, PLEASE COMPLETE THE DISCLAIMER BELOW. YOUR NAME WILL NOT APPEAR ON THE LIST SO PLEASE COMMENT ON SCOTT’S FACEBOOK POST OR BELOW SO WE KNOW YOU ARE COMING.
Max and I will be coaching a pyramid session this week. Again, the session will be limited to 24 participants – further details below.
Please meet at 7.30pm at the grass track at New Rickstones Academy, Conrad Road, Witham, CM8 2SD – access is via the top gate in the car park and across the hard courts to the field area.
Please ensure you have completed a warm up jog before meeting at the track, though we will ask you to run 400m round the track before starting the warm up drills.
The session plan is as a follows:
- 800m (2 laps of the track) followed by 90s rest
- 2 x 400m (1 lap of the track per rep) with 60s rest after each 400m
- 4 x 200m (half a lap per rep) with 30s rest after each 200m
- 2 x 400m with 60s rest after each 400m
Pace guidance is provided as follows:
- 800s 10k-HM pace
- 400s roughly 5k pace
- 200s faster than 5k pace
However, actual pace is not hugely important and focus should be on making the shorter efforts faster than the longer efforts – so that the pace chart looks like a pyramid.
If you want to programme paces into your watch, you can use a recent race/TT time and use the McMillan pace calculator (link in training tab above) for guidance.
After the session, members who want to do a cool down jog home should please ensure that they undertake some cool down stretches afterwards. Max and I will run cool down stretches after a cool down jog of at least 2 laps of the track.
Please can all members ensure that they:
- Do not attend if showing any COVID-19 symptoms;
- Do not attend unless pre-registered and the relevant Covid-19 disclaimer has been agreed (please see further below);
- Perform a suitable 1-2 mile warm up jog before the session and cool down jog and appropriate post session stretching (see the WRC Stretching Guide for some examples if you need them) if not staying with the group to complete these.
In order to take part in the session you must first read the COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire and Disclaimer (you will need to log in as a member to view this).
Once you have read the Disclaimer, to take part in the session please complete the below which will provide the coaches with your name and mobile telephone number for track and trace purposes, and tick to confirm your agreement to the disclaimer.
- Celine Elson – Run
- James Attenborough – Marshal
- Daniel Griffiths – Run
- Shane Ketteridge – Marshal
- David Jobling – Marshal
- Ann Johnson – Marshall
- Lysia Jiggins – Run
- Dean Whittaker – Marshal
- Ian Cuthbert – Run
- Mick Conroy Run
- Max Leech – Run
- Glen waller-run
- Simon Scott marshal
- Fiona Collins – Marshal
- Steffan Doherty (Run)
- Steven Alder – marshal
- Heydon run and Marshall if required
- Angela Read – Marshall
- Alex Potter – Run
- Patrick Hinchliffe – Marshal
- Jamie Davidson – Marshall
- Andy Lager run
- Andrew Read – Run
- Chris Martin – run
The current England Athletics guidelines restrict us to 12 persons per coach and as we usually have 2 coaches present we are currently limiting the sessions to 24 people; this will be operated on a first come, first served basis. Once we have reached 24 people, we will operate a waiting list from those who have requested to take part should anyone drop out.
After registering if you find that you are no longer able to attend, or your details change after signing up, please notify the coaches so that we can update the information or fill your space from the waiting list.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday.
Jodee & Maxine