Introduction to Club Running course
26 May 2017 - By Becky Grimwood
New 6 week running course starting soon!
- Are you keen to run with Witham Running Club but lacking confidence to come along?
- Have you started your own training by completing a Couch to 5k or running at park run?
- Keen to make the next step up in distance?
- Do you want to know how to safely bridge the gap between 5k and a club run (around 5.5miles)?
If the answer to these is ‘Yes!’ then we might have the programme for you.
Starting Tuesday 6th June, a 6 week programme begins, drawn up and led by a UKA Coach in Running Fitness.
The programme includes:
- A coached run on Tuesday nights, gradually increasing in distance from 3.5 miles (just over 5k). See dates below for the venues.
- Coached warm ups and cool downs for Tues sessions, which you can apply in your own workouts
- Guidance on additional workouts to complete independently over each week
- Tips and guidance on running specific skills and techniques with a different focus each week
- Two Thursday evening ‘effort sessions’ in week 5 and 6 to introduce you to different workout styles.
- No obligation to join as a member after the course (but you would be welcomed if you do decide to!)
Course cost – £10 to be paid online before the start of the course.
(Course cost will be taken off of membership, should you decide to join up as a member during or after the course)
Tues 6/6/17 The Swan, Little Totham
Tues 13/6/17 The Six Bells, Boreham
Tues 20/6/17 The Western Arms, Silver End
Tues 27/6/17 The General’s Arms, Little Baddow
Tues 4/7/17 The Cross Keys, White Notley
Thurs 6/7/17 WRC effort session – coached from Witham Leisure Centre
Tues 11/7/17 The Chequers, Wickham Bishops
Thurs 13/6/17 WRC effort session – coached from Witham Leisure Centre
Finish goal – A whole pub run on 18th July at The Old Ship, Heybridge Basin
Please aim to be at the first session for 6:45-7pm, all other sessions around 7-7:15pm.
If you are interested in booking, please send us an inquiry on the website/ via Facebook and the lead coach, Becky Grimwood, will get in touch. All runners wishing to start the six week programme need to be available to begin on the first week and must contact us prior to the start date.
We look forward to hearing from you and starting you off on your next running journey!