Club Member Of The Month
12 May 2021 - By Bill Smythe
Congratulations to Sarah Naughton, club member of the month for April. Sarah ran two trail marathons in two weeks – The Brightlingsea Challenge and The East Hanningfield Trail Marathon and also ran two 10ks in one day as part of the Matt Ratana memorial run. Well done.
Other great nominations.
- James Attenborough – for his performance at Kempton Park half marathon where he knocked a whopping 9 minutes off his PB, finishing in 1:41:03
- Peter Coates – for running his debut marathon in 2:53:23.
- Rachel Dingley – For representing WRC in several running events this month – The Layer 5 in 41.08, The Essex Half Marathon in 1:50:29 and the WRC 5K in 21.42(PB) in which Rachel was the first lady to finish.
- Jodee Mayer – for completing two marathon races in the month of April – The Brightlingsea Challenge and The East Hanningfield Trail Marathon
- Sasha Rush – for completing a marathon distance in the Brightlingsea Challenge
- Liz Prior – For her performance at the Kempton Park 10k where Liz knocked over 7 minutes off her pb and the WRC Silver standard in a time of 47.31.
- James Blackshaw – James completed the Centurion Running South Downs Way 50 in April. He finished this 50-mile race with 6500 ft of elevation, in 9 hours and 12 minutes, despite falling over and breaking his hand and dislocating a finger on the course!
Well done everyone.