630S – 9S Social Run 8th June Meet at the Old Pottery Kiln 6:30pm.
7 June 2021 - By James Attenborough
We will this week be meeting at the Old Pottery Kiln for a 6:30pm leave. If the car park is looking fairly full, please park on the spaces by the field behind Aldi.
The route is on the attached GPX/link which you can load to your watch.
There are a couple of tricky points on the route where it’s easy to go awry/not see the turning. The first is approximately 0.95miles in where you will come into a farmyard type area and the footpath is the otherside of the wire fence on your left. The other is approximately 1.9miles in where you will turn left but keep the tree line to your right. The last bit is the exit from Benton hall (on the shorter route) . I tend to turn left across the car park to the bottom of the car park, then turn right round the edge of the green and up through the gap in the fence to the road.
On the long route the official footpath out of Benton Hall brings you out opposite Ishams chase and you’ll need to take care crossing Blue Mills Road Bridge.
I personally have used the metal bridge to the left before you exit Benton Hall, gone around the back of the tee and under the fence before crossing Blue Mill Hill Road.
Please be advised the route has plenty of rabbit holes and is uneven underfoot so trail shoes and long socks (for the nettles) might be applicable, I normally run it in road shoes but some of the wooded areas are yet to dry out fully. The route is approximately 70% trail, however please take care when you are crossing roads/bridges etc. Given the relative technical nature of the route please take this into consideration when selecting your pace.
Here is a suggested road route for those who would prefer a road route. Please note this is actually down as starting from Maltings, so please adjust accordingly.
Of the trails one is for 5.6 miles and the other is for 6.5miles. So for those who want extra distance, please agree this with your group.
If you want to come along to the run, you will need to complete the form below. Just fill in your name, check the box to confirm the health screening and disclaimer and submit your entry. When you have submitted your name successfully it will appear in a list at the bottom of the post. Please sign up no later than 4.00pm on Tuesday.
If you are new to Witham Running Club please drop me or Karen Flowers a message through this link:
https://www.withamrc.org.uk/contact/ so we can collect your details ahead of the run.
If your elected pace isn’t chosen by others, please move up/down a pace.
- Sebastian – 8:30 min/miles – Road – Yes
- Rachel Dingley – 8:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Ben O’leary – 8:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- James Attenborough – 8:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Andy Lager – 7:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Abby Reilly – 9:00 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Mark Austin – 7:00 min/miles – Road – No
- Banksy – 7:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Hayley Ellen – 8:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Katie Layley – 9:00 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Charlotte Roberts – 8:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Heydon Mizon – 7:00 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Tom Ashley – 8:00 min/miles – Road – No
- Damien Walsh – 8:00 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Dawn Shilling – 9:00 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Dean Whittaker – 8:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes
- Pete Riley – 7:30 min/miles – Trail – No
- Simon Scott – 8:30 min/miles – Trail – No
- Roo Smith – 7:30 min/miles – Trail – Yes