Thursday Speed Development 27/4 – 400m Repetition Sets
25 April 2023 - By David Jobling
Our session this week is sets of 400 metre repetitions – 7.30pm meet at Eastways where we’ll be using the 400m loop.
This continues getting the body used to running at speed & recovering, perfect timing with our first John Roberts 5k coming up next week.
The session is as follows and as below Garmin screenshot:
- 400m repetitions done in sets of 4 x 400.
- 3 sets in total, so that’s 12 400s.
- 60 seconds standing recovery after each 400.
- 2 minutes standing rest/recovery after each set of 4.
- 2 minutes is instead of a 60 second recovery, not in addition.
- Same/level pacing for all the 400s, around or under your anticipated 5k speed, so quicker than Tuesday night social chatter pacing.
Please do usual warm up/warm down run, we’ll do some static stretching immediately after the structured part .
Sign up is below here somewhere, Monty and I look forward to meeting up with everyone Thursday, hope you enjoy the session if doing virtually and as ever please mssg me if any Q’s. DJ