June 2023 CMOTM
19 July 2023 - By Steven Alder
Our Club Member of the Month for June 2023 is Jonathan Moore.
Despite his assertions that he doesn’t like runs greater than 5km and insistence he had no interest in running a marathon he signed himself up to the challenging Race to the King and committed to the training plan developed by Jodee to run some significant distances more than 5km every weekend, including a trail marathon as a training run in East Hanningfield.
He also got injured in late April and had to stop the runs all together for a few weeks. Despite all this he set out on a very warm day, in June, with some proper hills and proceeded to finish his first 50KM ultra marathon in 86th place out of 348 runners. This was his first ultra race.
He got to the start line in good shape, listened to advice (finally wearing a wet cap!!) and made great progress along the course.
Well done to our other great nominees for June:
- Will Radley – for his PBs in the John Roberts 5k and the Springfield 5 miles.
- Matt Jordan – for his 1st place finish in the Essex Way 50k despite incredibly hot conditions. Mat had completed the Stour Valley marathon the previous weekend.
- Celine Elson – for the dedication she has shown in her training for the Writtle Round.
- Steven Alder – Steven tries to maintain that he’s a road runner, but he has become a regular on the trails, especially at the pub runs where he goes out of his way to choose them. He’s always so chipper and can be relied upon to get those all important selfies for the club’s Instagram.
- Sian Tate – for her performance at the Suffolk Back Yard Ultra where Sian ran an impressive 33.33 miles which was a total of 8 laps. This was following Sian’s first ever marathon at London.