Cross Country League is fast Approaching …. Your Club Needs You!
16 October 2016 - By Anita Grainger
Following last season’s success the club now finds itself in Division A of the 53-12 League for this season. We’d like to stay up in Division A, something that has evaded the club over the years, so, for those who like a challenge (I know I do) we need as many runners as available for the fixtures to improve our success. Dates are listed below for your diaries
- 6th Nov Colchester
- 4th Dec Harwich
- 11th Dec Halstead (Gosfield Woods)
- 22 Jan Ipswich
- 29 Jan Springfield
- 19 Feb Witham (Notley Country Park – Discovery Centre)
Scoring, now this is where it gets complicated, is as follows;
First man or woman scores 1 point, second 2 points, third 3 points …….. through to the last finisher.
Men and women are scored separately although we all run together.
Pool A scoring teams – 8 men and 4 women. Overall team score is aggregate of men’s and women’s scores – example 4th and 1st = 5 points.
Now I hear you ask what if you’re not in the first 8 men or first 4 women, well……..
- Firstly we need to have as many as possible to support our scoring members.
- Secondly your position may well knock down scoring runners from other clubs in increase the points counting against them & in our favour ( this is the complicated bit). This is where EVERYONE matters.
- Thirdly there’s cake! We do a cake rota and there’s always plenty to go round.
- Fourthly cross country will help to improve your road racing times.
- Finally it’s a great atmosphere and good to catch up with our club mates.
In preparation Martyn has put on a couple of training sessions on Sat 22 & 29 October – see separate post
Any questions please approach James & I. We look forward to seeing you at the first race 🙂
Anita Grainger & James Kennerley
Ladies & Mens Captains