Club Trail Run – This Sunday (1st December)
25 November 2019 - By James Blackshaw
In the absence of the XC fixture, we’ve organised a club trail run around the beautiful trails of Little Baddow.
- Distance: 10 miles
- Meeting time & location: 9:00am @Papermill Lock (please see parking note below)
- What do you need: Trail shoes are preferable, but road shoes would also be fine (though your Nike 4%s are probably no good). Obviously check the weather the night before for temperature/wetness and adjust your clothing to suit.
- What pace will we be running at: There will be at least two pace groups, led by myself & Jason Lilley, and we’ll gauge the pace on the day depending on who shows up. Nobody is too slow. If anyone wants to lead a quick group, let me know and I can send you the map/GPX.
- Where can I park: There are quite a few lay-bys around the entrance to the lock, so please initially use these. The guys who own Papermill Lock Tea Rooms have very kindly agreed to let us use some space in their car park (not the main one, which is closed in the winter, but the small one at the back of the tea rooms), but parking here is quite limited, so let’s try to use the lay-bys and roadside parking first. Also, please try to car share as much as possible.
- Can I get a drink & snacks afterwards: Yes, the tea rooms provide a host of lovely treats, and it would be a nice gesture if a few of us stayed behind for a hot chocolate, etc afterwards, as a thanks for allowing us to use their car park.
Any questions, let me know.